Payroll Outsourcing FAQs

Discover answers to some common queries about outsourcing your payroll and pensions administration to Exceed Outsourcing.

Call 0800 612 8787 to discuss how our alternatives to in-house payroll and pensions can help your business thrive.

1. Do I need to wait until the start of the tax year to move my payroll to Exceed?

No, you can move your payroll and pensions administration to Exceed at any point in the year.

Depending on the timing, we may need certain information from you, such as previously recovered statutory payments, but we will guide you through it step-by-step.

2. How long does it take to set up a new payroll with Exceed?

The time it takes to transfer your payroll to our team varies, depending on the size of your payroll, the pay frequency, availability of information and other factors.

We would rather spend time getting it right, rather than rushing to get started too quickly.

Generally speaking, you should allow 2-3 weeks, but if you have a specific deadline we will happily work towards that.

3. What happens if our new employee doesn't have a P45?

That’s not a problem. We’ll provide your new employee with a P46 to complete instead.

4. Which pension providers do you support?

Exceed can pay to most pension providers, including NEST, AVIVA, Zurich, The People’s Pension and more.

Let us know which pension provider you would like to use, and if we aren’t already set up to work with them, we will contact them to see if we can!

5. What happens if we notice a mistake or want to make a change after the payroll has been run?

We are able to correct and resubmit the pay run if errors have been made or changes are needed.

Depending on your package, there may be a charge for this.

6. How do you send payslips?

Depending on your package with us, we will send payslips via secure email or make them available to download via our employee portal.

7. In which jurisdictions do you provide payroll and pensions administration?

Exceed Outsourcing provide outsourced payroll and pensions administration to recruitment agencies and employers in the UK and in crown dependencies such as the Isle of Man.

Our services will always be tailored to the relevant legislation within that jurisdiction – for example, in the Isle of Man we process ITIP.